The 2018 Edition
What I’ve learned/How to Cope
- People give littleness because they expect littleness. / Just because they give it, doesn’t mean you have to take it.
- Sometimes when people cannot find their own fire, they will try to diminish the fire in you. / Don’t let them. They can no more diminish your fire than they can diminish God.
- It is very wise to have mentors. But some people (even those who claim to love you) will attempt to play that role in your life only as a means of throwing you off your course. / Listen to the voice within. Be discerning about with whom you share your ideas. It’s great to have help, but at the end of the day no mind or heart is more worthy to guide you than your own.
- There are people who preoccupy themselves with problems and projects that are incapable of solution or execution. / Avoid these people. They will draw you into their stagnant ways.
- We live in a world where many people lack moral values. They will encourage you to choose things that might be fun for a moment but have no lasting value. / Be leery of these types of people and choose to surround yourself with people that make you level up. Elevation should be a collaborative effort.
- Not everyone who sees your change will acknowledge or accept your change. / That’s fine. You don’t have to explain it to them. Be better anyway, and pray that they one day get to a point where they realize that when a person is healed, the past trauma fades away leaving behind the beauty and the blessings.
- People will try their best to tell you what YOU want. / Don’t let them! You must answer that question, and you are answering it every second of every day.
- Some people are just not going to choose happiness. They’re going to be angry, sad, and complaining every time you talk to them. / Love these people from a distance. Refuse to reinforce negativity as a way of coping.
- People often confuse “fluctuation” with “change.” / Learn to discern between people who are truly trying to change and people who are just…unsettled.
- Not everyone close to you is as invested in your well-being as they claim. / Don’t impoverish your (Self) by continuing to allow them to be on “your team.” The overhead is too high for fakes and extras.