Photographer : Tyrolyn VanWright
Questions courtesy of my mama.
- HOW WILL YOUR LIFE BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR?
A: I will travel more! I used to do WAY more travelling for fun and take spontaneous road trips. I got away from that last year! This year I am coming back!
- WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR RIGHT NOW?
A: The freedom of working for myself…despite the struggles.
- HOW MUCH DO YOU WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK?
A: Not at all. I have learned to only measure myself against the Word of God.
- WILL YOU EVER HAVE KIDS?
A: If my husband finds me, then maybe. But that isn’t a priority or something that I feel is missing from my life. I like other people’s kids. Nonetheless, I am going out on more dates this year!
- YOUR CIRCLE OF FRIENDS HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED OVER THIS PAST YEAR. WHY?
A: For starters, life is cyclical. As with the seasons, things change. The leaves die and fall from the trees so that something new can grow. So it is with people. I entered a new season in life and those things and people that were dead, naturally fell and blew away. It’s not a bad thing. It’s a life thing. Additionally, I am loyal to a fault. No matter what I go through, I show up for my friends. I can’t say the same about some of the people I thought were closest to me. So why should I continue to call them friends?
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO INVEST IN YOUR CURRENT RELATIONSHIPS?
A: More godly conversations, more support, my relentless pursuit of the best in myself and others, more time, and deeper communication.
- WHAT DO YOU DO FOR FUN THESE DAYS?
A: Fun changes for me from month to month, but right now I am really into wearing tight pants and watercolor painting. That is really fun to me right now.
- ARE YOU COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN?
A: Really? (Eye roll)
- WHAT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO YOU THESE DAYS?
A: Learning to trust God more. That’s been a big deal for me 2018 through this moment. How can I trust God more even when it looks like everything is falling apart? How can I practice trust? And I have found the way to do it, is to do it. Be intentional. When it looks like things are falling apart, change the focus to God’s Promises. Focus on His inability to fail.
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO IMPROVE YOURSELF?
A: Training my mind to fight against Satan’s attacks through Five Laws.
- The Law of Recency—It states that things most recently learned are best remembered. So when I feel like I am focused on the negative, I learn something new or read something positive. I try to make sure my most recent thoughts are light filled.
- The Law of Attraction—Positivity brings positivity.
- The Law of Averages—When I start thinking drastically, I ask myself, “What is the likely hood of that happening?”
- Conservation of Energy—This law states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another. I transfer negative energy into positive activities.
- The Law of Belief—States that whatever you believe and feel to be true long enough, will become your reality. I believe I am fearfully and wonderfully made. And so I am.
If you’d have questions you would like to ask me, drop them in the comment section! When I get to ten, I’ll answer them! Thank you for reading!